Thursday, May 23, 2013

Very sexy 1930s photo


I think this may be one of the sexiest photos I've seen for a long time. It is in a book by Sargeant Jagger, Modelling and Sculpture in the Making, from 1933, which is illustrated with numerous tipped-in glossy photos including this one of a nude maquette being constructed. Obviously, the body in the background is a fit and attractive one but there is something about the 'fact' of it being in the background, the lighting and the subject matter, all combined to make this a very arresting image indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered why that book--even in terrible condition--was over $100 in used/rare bookshops. Now I know why...

Anonymous said...

Human model to Sculpture:
HM: How long to you think I will have to hold this stupid thing?
S: If I know anything about this sculptor, just be thankful he only wants you to hold it."

 
Who links to my website?