Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Mid-Twentieth Century Book Jackets: A Random Selection


I have been doing some cataloguing recently for a secondhand and antiquarian bookshop and today as I was making my way through a large pile of hardback fiction, I was amazed at how many mid-twentieth century gems of jacket design were turning up. I'm sorry I didn't have time to make copious notes about artists, authors, dates and publishers, and sorry too that I only had my phone to photograph them on, but I thought they might be of interest to some who visit here.









1 comment:

Jane Housham said...

They're terrific. It's extraordinary how our response to art/design changes over time. Not so long ago, I expect these would have seemed quite run of the mill, but their qualities are emerging almost palpably now.

 
Who links to my website?