Saturday, November 24, 2012

Correction: Mera Sett


Illustration by Mera Sett from Sculptured Memories by Mera Sett, privately printed and published for the author by Grant Richards, 1922, in a limited edition of 500 copies.

Back at the beginning of the year, I posted the covers of a number of book catalogues by Jaqueline Wesley and it's been pointed out to me that I erroneously attributed one of the cover images to Mera Sett. This was a result of confusion caused by the fact that Catalogue number 6 also had a supplement. The original post has now been corrected but, for the record, this is the cover to which I had meant to refer.

Also, for the record, I should say that every time I mention Ms Wesley here, I get a small flurry of 'whatever happened to...' emails. I'm sorry I can't help. I never had any personal contact with the lady myself but if anyone does know of her current disposition I know there are many who would like to think that her disappearance from the world of bookselling was neither an easy and happy retirement so please do lets us know...

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?