Thursday, October 04, 2012

Vintage Swim in Lewes


Today was R's birthday - Happy Birthday Babe - and we drove over to Lewes in Sussex which is, among other things, something of an antiques town with more antiques and collectables shops than it's possible to visit in one day - as we have proved on numerous occasions. Obviously, I had to have a dig through a few boxes of loose photos and postcards and this is what fell out today. Sadly, the postcard at the top isn't the original 1898 photo but a modern 20th century reprint by a local history society, nevertheless, a striking-looking bunch.




2 comments:

J said...

Happy Birthday to R!

I have friends in Lewes, and have been there several times--I could spend most of a day in the bookshops.

kdd said...

I lived in East Grinstead up until a few years ago. The EG Water Rats shown in your first photo are still going. And I agree about Lewes. Some lovely book shops.



 
Who links to my website?