Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Some Favourite Etsy Shops


Whilst I've been putting together the CallumJames/Paper shop on Etsy, I've also been getting my feet under the table there. The website is characterised by a community approach to things which makes it a pretty friendly place. Etsy allows people to sell things of three distinct types: vintage, hand made and then craft supplies. There are some very talented makers of brilliant things selling their wares there but also some great boutique shops of vintage wares. So here are just a few of my favourite little shops so far. Snapatorium is the shop above, which unsurprisingly (the clue's in the name), deals in vintage snapshots, candid photography. The Thanatos Archive (below) also sells vintage photography but with a much darker edge: freaks and medical photos and oddities are their stock in trade. Below them we have something altogether more colourful, the Two Eunices whose stock is full of prints of Vogue artwork and botanical prints. And then the final two shops below are there because I'm currently having a bit of a moment with vintage Soviet era artwork and both, in quite different ways, cater for this taste: Soviet Garden and Soviet Shop.








1 comment:

Carol Dent said...

I have been selling on Etsy for a number of years now. I don't think I'll ever grow rich from my little shop , but sales do trickle in. Generally, it is a pleasure to do business there, both buying and selling, but Etsy is growing alarmingly quickly, changes are being made that don't appear obviously necessary so I do hope the site won't deteriorate as Ebay has.

Anyway, I've sneaked a peek and I'm sure your shop will stand out from the crowd and do very well!

 
Who links to my website?