Thursday, August 09, 2012

Isle of Wight Day


I have nothing at all bookish to tell you all about today. On one of the hottest days of the year I have been on the Isle of Wight, visiting friends: Lunch in Seaview, then to Quarr Abbey, an ancient monastic establishment of Catholic Benedictines where they keep pigs, have beautiful cool, dark churches and chapels and have a great little garden tea room. Then a short episode canoeing on the Medina River and finally, just as the sun was setting, a massive fog bank descended and swamped the Island. This photo above is from the end of Ryde pier looking back towards the town while I waited for the ferry to arrive. Even now as I sit in Callum James Heights in Portsmouth, I can hear the fog horns over the Solent. Apart from mild sunburn... a very lovely day. Normal service to resume tomorrow.

1 comment:

ernährungsplan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Who links to my website?