Saturday, June 23, 2012

Floating Memories: Brighton Swimming Club Archive


I know this 1860s photo of Brighton Swimming Club has been doing the rounds recently but given this blog's obsession with all things vintage swim, I couldn't really let it pass. I first found it at the fabulous Retronaut but a little clicking took me to the website of the Brighton Swimming Club whose archives look to be very extensive and full of wonderful goodies that they are just beginning to digitise through the Floating Memories project. What I wouldn't give for a rummage through those trunks! They also have a Flickr stream which includes some fabulous ephemeral items.




Best of all though, their archive includes film and you can browse your way through seven of them at their Vimeo Channel. My favourite is probably this one:


1 comment:

mike said...

Toppah one-upmanship XD

 
Who links to my website?