Sunday, April 29, 2012

Recommendation 9


I'm away for a few days, with limited internet access, half-way up a mountain. And so I hope you will excuse these pre-prepared posts in which I shall simply recommend you go away - or more specifically, recommend a more interesting place for you to go to...

Of course, Clive Hicks-Jenkins blog is always worth a recommendation but he is currently asking for submissions to an online exhibition of Maquettes - probably best just to go an look at his blog to find out what that means rather than me trying to put it into words. Clive uses a lot of these jointed paper models in the process of creating his full-scale paintings and they are something of an art form in their own right. The one above is from the preparatory work for the Old Stile Press publication of Equus, illustrated by Clive.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?