Sunday, April 08, 2012

Penguin Display


I suppose it's inevitable that after Pan paperbacks, I would have to do something about Penguins and I remembered this book which has been laying around for a while and is a very useful reference for all the lists of Penguin, Puffin, Pelican... etc., series that it has at the back. But visually what I love about it is this cover, front and back, which gives just some idea of what a display of Penguin books would have looked like when they were in their heyday. The idea of books with just typographical covers now is almost unheard of... in fact, lets face it, the whole low-cost high-quality content book as a physical artifact is on its way out but, wow, what a display.

Of course, just as we discovered yesterday that there is a Pan book of the day blog: today, I shall be sending you to check out the Penguin equivalent.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?