Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Asleep on a Train


Sometime in the 1930s, some people fell asleep on a train. They happened to be sharing the carriage with a student artist who took the opportunity to sketch them in a quick but confident hand. The artist eventually died, having kept these ephemeral sketches tucked away in a draw and eighty years later, probably long after the deaths of her subjects, a bookdealer buys the sketches in a lot at an auction which includes some of the estate of the artist. The bookdealer uses a technology undreamed of in these sleeping heads to turn the images into numbers and broadcast them to people all around the the world...




2 comments:

Vintagemaison said...

I particularly like the guy in the raincoat and glasses. This is very tantalising - are you going to tell us who the artist was?

Callum said...

Hiya,

Glad you like them, I'm afraid I don't know who the artist was. These came to me in a lot of sketches, life studies and quick watercolours, none of which were signed. It's one of the things which make these sketches so intriguing, I think, that we know so little but can imagine so much!

Nice to hear from you

Callum

 
Who links to my website?