Saturday, March 31, 2012

Jamie Bell's Bottom


Okay, so the title of the post might be a little misleading... I have a not-so-secret crush on Jamie Bell. Not only is he, I believe, a much better actor than he has ever been given credit for, he also has one of the best looking bottoms in the movies and, most importantly, is not backward at coming forward with said tush on screen, most notably in quirky little 2007 film, Hallam Foe. So it will be no surprise that, despite critical indifference, I was something of a fan of the recent film The Eagle with Jamie and Channing Tatum getting all sweaty in skirts and sandals pursuit of the lost Eagle standard of the Roman Ninth Legion... What did strike me at the time, and several reviewers too, was the distinct lack of romantic interest for the film's main character.

It wasn't until today as I was browsing in a bookshop in Southsea that I realised why this was. I came across a book which seemed to be about the same story as the film; further flicking through the pages and I begin to realise that this is, in fact, the book on which the film was based. And it's a children's book! Hence, I realised, why there's no heavy, overarching love-story to underpin what is, after all, essentially just another Hollywood quest movie.

So, the book is, of course, The Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff, (Oxford University Press: London, 1954) and is illustrated by C. Walter Hodges who illustrated a number of Sutcliff's many historical novels for children.

As for that beautiful bottom... pretty much any Google image search with "Jamie Bell Naked" in the box will take you there...

you're welcome!









No comments:

 
Who links to my website?