Friday, January 20, 2012

Jean Cocteau Drawings


On Valentine's Day in Paris the Pierre and Franca Belfond Collection of artwork by writers is being auctioned. As things to collect go, I think this is a minor piece of genius. Obviously, there are some writers for whom art is a second home and other for whom, their drawings offer only psychological or potentially literary insight. Jean Cocteau, obviously, is one of the former and the collection contains a number of works by him, including many which might seem atypical to those familiar with his published works: one album of drawings in particular is almost reminiscent of Ronald Searle's cartoons...

Above, is a self portrait, and below an example of what Cocteau drew best, attractive naked young men.

1 comment:

Ramon D.Miyamoto said...

Usually I do not learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, quite great article.
ACDelco 176-1703 ACDELCO OE SERVICE HOSE ASM-FRT BRK

 
Who links to my website?