Sunday, December 04, 2011

Retro Glasgow Theatres

 It's been a peculiar day today. The boiler has broken and a very nice man from British Gas came and assessed the situation but can't actually effect a repair until Tuesday so until then it's gonna be chilly...! Wrapped up in my study though, it seems the chill might be good for my productivity as I managed to reduce the 130 emails sitting in my inbox to just 30...

We're going to be having a bit of a binge on vintage graphics I rather fancy for the next little while. These theatre programmes from the late 1950s are just up my street. And, from the back (below) of one of them it appears that Messrs Howard & Wyndham had a stable of theatres in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle, each with their own fab linocut (I think) illustrated covers on the programmes. A little digging on Ebay shows me that they printed them in a variety of purple, red and turquoise... how fab would a collection look all framed up together...


No comments:

 
Who links to my website?