Thursday, October 13, 2011

J & J Jeffery Inkiness



It's been a while since I featured any of the wonderful paper made by J & J Jeffery in Edinburgh but as a sweetener for a large order I placed recently for an upcoming project they sent this sheet. This is about A3 in size and so the pattern is really wallpaper sized (I realise I should have photographed it with some kind of context). The Jefferys cut their own lino blocks and print them and this sheet is just delicious in the blank inkiness and vintage/contemporary design printed on brown parcel paper which is somehow just right.


I have also noticed that so far on this blog whenever they've been mentioned, I've been misspelling their name... ooops... sorry...


And while we're on the subject of printing, these little wooden blocks are rather fun. They were in a crate from an auction that was bought for its other contents. I'm not even sure that these are really for printing with ink, I think more likely they are for impressing designs in butter or biscuits, certainly there was other kitchenalia in the lot. Anyway, clearly I couldn't NOT have a little experiment. I think the results are rather charming.






No comments:

 
Who links to my website?