Friday, July 22, 2011

Posting Gap


Apologies for the late running of this post, it's been a busy time here at Callum James Heights. Obviously the highlight of the year so far, and one my passions which doesn't often make it onto this blog, was the release of the very last Harry Potter film. One critic I read called it, 'a film with no beginning and no middle just two hours of thunderous ending...' which I thought was pretty much on the money. Will be going back to see it in 3D in due course - there's nothing like Potter at the cinema, so going to make the most of it while I can.

As well as shepherding a few large sales through auctions recently, and working hard on a number of, though I say it myself, very exciting upcoming publishing projects, I have also been working on my Short List #3... more of which shortly.

So, this short post is just by way of saying "Hi! I'm back..."

[above: a rather wonderfully atmospheric real photo postcard of Venice at night that I picked up recently]

2 comments:

Vintagemaison said...

My son went off for a week on the deserted side of Ile d'Orleon - and saw the new Harry Potter film. We are all gutted, obviously. We have to wait for the DVD to come out as our French isn't good enough for teenage slang. He did say that the dubbing into French was awful - completely dead-pan - but he enjoyed a speciality red pepper ice-cream... reminded me of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Jelly Beans.

Callum said...

Hiya,

I lived in France for just a year, some many years ago now, and I was more or less on my own so the cinema was my retreat from the work I was doing. In those days there the English language films were either subtitled or dubbed and I would choose depending on whether I felt my French was up to it or not... I don't know if I could have survived if only dubbing was available.. the comedy of the dubbed voice rubs off after a while!

 
Who links to my website?