Monday, June 20, 2011

W Heath Robinson Strikes Again





Not exactly unknown WHB but it was a surprise to me, leafing through some sheet music which is not something I usually do, this cover just shouted the master's name even before I saw his signature and the 1916 date. Being a musical clutz I rushed home to R, who is a very talented keyboard player as it happens and had my first introduction to the music of Walter Carroll. I was pleasantly surprised, this is a suite of pieces in the fairy tradition of English illustration, writing, art and now, it transpires also music. Quaint, haunting, simple and rather beautiful in their own way. We don't have the technology for recording R playing it so you'll have to put up with this chap I found on Youtube:







No comments:

 
Who links to my website?