Friday, April 08, 2011

US Retro




These are the covers of some 1950s/60s souvenir postcard folders which I bought today. In fact, these contain zig-zag-folded postcard views that are printed on paper not card but clearly recognisable as images that would also have been produced on individual postcards. I was just very attracted to the typography and colour of them. I know nothing about North American postcards, nor the market for them, but I have always felt that their often distinctive colour production on a kind of linen textured card make vintage US postcards rather attractive.



Clearly, it's been a little quiet here at CJB HQ for the last few days. My apologies. Nonetheless, sitting here in the early hours of the morning, with Dire Straits playing softly from the computer and with the window still open to allow the balmy air of the warmest night so far this year to bring in the sounds of the city at night, I can think of a number of posts I've been meaning to make on the blog for a while, so I'll see if I can keep you entertained for the next few nights at least...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The top ones look exactly like the cover of Springsteen's Greetings from Asbury Park

 
Who links to my website?