Sunday, April 10, 2011

Japanese Factory Workers






Another glorious day on the south coast and, to be honest, we've been making the most of it: car boot sale, antiques centre, book fayre and a look round a 12th century country church all achieved today and home before 2.30pm.


One of the very few acquisitions today was a set of 12 photos showing Japanese men working in a factory. The only way I know them to be Japanese is that one piece of equipment has the name Yokohama on it, otherwise they are completely devoid of any instructive notes or captions. I'm guessing they are engaged in some form of metal work but I can't be sure. From the dress of the only European man to appear in them, I would say these are about 1910-20. Remarkable pictures really...

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?