Saturday, March 26, 2011

Vintage Swim: Vintage Question





It's been a beautiful morning in Portsmouth today: a bright sun behind an all-consuming mist making the harbour and sea look almost ethereal. So, I've enjoyed not being far from home at a small, local postcard and ephemera fair. The above took my eye. The first, and it's not the first time I've seen this, for the rather interesting question on the back "what do you think of it?" - like email, it's sometimes difficult to decipher 'tone' in an old piece of writing but I'm sure this is a kind of fishing for compliments.
The second card I thought was almost Sutcliffe-esque it's just a shame it wasn't taken by a photographer as good as Sutcliffe who could actually get his subjects properly in focus.

3 comments:

kdd230 said...

I wonder which one of those chaps is A.

kdd230 said...

I wonder which one of those chaps is A.

FoxVerde said...

lovely cursive script.

 
Who links to my website?