Saturday, March 26, 2011

Retro Graphics: Meccano Magazine



Oh the vintage goodnesss... these are simply as juicy as Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles... Unfortunately not a single one of the 1930s Meccano Magazines I found at the bottom of a box the other day are in good enough condition to sell but the covers are just fab.

The other day, and I wish I could remember where, I heard or read someone reflecting on the fact that the Second World War pretty much stopped all progress in design for a decade and is why it can sometimes be difficult to tell immediately, at first glance, whether something is from the 30s or the 50s. I thought that was really insightful and made me realise why it's sometimes difficult to intuit a date on much of the vintage ephemera that comes through my hands.










No comments:

 
Who links to my website?