Sunday, October 31, 2010

Working Hard

It's been a couple of days of getting my head down to do some work: I've been adding the finishing touches to the proofs of a new monograph on the banners painted by Frederick Rolfe at Holywell, wrapping and posting parcels which had been getting a little long in the tooth, and preparing sale listings for the weekend. So I haven't got anything better to post than this photograph I found from the beach at Southsea, looking across the submarine barrier to the Isle of Wight [if you click to enlarge, it's quite pretty].

For the last few hours I've been listening to Philip Glass playing his own Metamorphoses on solo piano and working on a poem. I've been trying to get back into writing for a long while now and this is the first time in I don't know how long that I've been able to produce some lines that I'm happy with: not quite happy enough to share yet, but almost...

The clocks go back in about an hour...

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?