Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Vintage Found Type




One of my favourite blogs, although its content is, on the whole, more modern and design-oriented than here, which is probably why it doesn't get mentioned so much, is Ace Jet 170. A feature of this blog for years now has been Found Type Friday where people can send on photographs of typographical marvels they have 'found': perhaps in signage, on roads, on rubbish or packaging, the kind of thing you trip over in the street.
When I found this collection of 1950s matchbook covers at the bottom of a grimy box at a car boot sale, Ace Jet 170 was the first thing I thought of. They are in poor condition, fairly battered and grimy, but irresistible nonetheless and, in the end, I decided I want to post them here.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?