Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Horse

Following my visit to the Wolfgang Tilmanns exhibition the other day I met up with a friend and strolled through the galleries of the British Museum. This is a photo I was rather pleased with, a close up of a somewhat corroded horse's head from what the BM calls the Parthenon Sculptures but everyone else in the world calls the Elgin Marbles.

The BM is a wonder - partiularly since the creation of the Great Court which has to be one of the most incredible spaces in London if not in Europe. Everytime I go I vow to go back soon - this time I must keep my promise to myself.

2 comments:

Clive Hicks-Jenkins said...

That's the very head I used as inspiration for the images you liked most in the illustrated Equus... the half heads looking straight forward in the narrow margins!

Callum said...

Hi Clive,
How extraordinary that I should stumble on this by accident in the BM. I have to say, I nearly made reference to Equus when posting it here but thought maybe the connection was a little spurious... not so, as it turns out!

 
Who links to my website?