Sunday, July 25, 2010

Miniature Book




I've been having fun. For a long time I've fancied having a go at creating a miniature book and tonight, while R snoozed on the study floor (he's very like a cat in many respects!) I was tinkering at the desk and came up with this.

Marbled paper boards, buckram backstrip, 48pp., just 7cm tall... It contains a slash story I wrote a couple of years ago - only really because it was the first formatted piece of writing I found of about the right length, that is, about 30,000 words. The real joy of this was discovering that if you have a good enough printer, you can print text in 2pt and still be able to read it under a magnifying glass. There are a couple of adjustments I would make given the opportunity to have another go but I'm a little bit chuffed with this baby. :-)

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?