Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gollancz Collecting Joy


I know, I really do know, that this is no way to measure success in book-collecting. However, humour me, and acknowledge that you know something of the contentment I feel now that my collection of Gollancz yellow-jacketed science-fiction has just spilled over onto three shelves. Helped by a multiple purchase of fine and signed copies from Cold Tonnage Books, (which ought to be a compulsory link in the favourites bar for anyone interested in buying SF, horror or fantasy books), and the purchase on Ebay of Philip K Dick's I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon and William Gibson's Burning Chrome, both in fine condition and hard to come by in any condition, I now have seventy titles: almost enough to home in on when the various jacket designs took place.

1 comment:

J said...

They do look quite nice together! It's always a great pleasure to complete--or just to build--a set

 
Who links to my website?