Friday, January 15, 2010

David Paynter



Way back in 2008 I reported a trip to Brighton Museum and illustrated it with a photo of a very sexy painting by one David Paynter, of whom I knew precious little and was disappointed to to discover was not represented in the museum's postcard selection. Anyway, that post resulted in a number of emails. One of which informed me that Paynter was in fact a Sri Lankan artist and his dates were 1900-1975. I also have scans of a couple of other of his paintings which I may be able to share in due course. However, one thing that did come in way back after that original post, was an email from Canada containing this much better reproduction of the painting, from a postcard, possibly from the Brighton Museum twenty years ago.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?