Saturday, September 05, 2009

Wedding


R and I are getting married. Or, in our case we are 'registering a civil partnership'. Nonetheless, a week from today we will be officially 'hitched' in a very small service at the Register Office and then with close friends and family out for a pub lunch. The day after that we fly off for five nights in Venice.

We had a choice between having a reading, or writing our own vows. In the end we opted for vows. I don't want to get too sentimental about the whole thing, its been a long time coming as we've been together now for close on 14 years, but I can honestly say that I will mean every syllable of these words:



I promise to love you and honour you always, in good times and in bad,
from this day until we are finally parted at the end of our lives.


When you are joyful I will rejoice with you, laugh with you and I will
delight in your happiness.


When troubles come I will strive to protect you and keep you from harm,
and where I cannot I will hold you through the pain.


With my love and friendship I will sweeten your victories and soften
your defeats.


I will travel with you wherever our road should lead and I will never
desert you nor allow you to stand alone in the world.


This I promise to you;

I promise to hold your love as my greatest treasure in this
life.


7 comments:

John C said...

Congratulations! And enjoy Venice, which I'm sure you will...

Starla said...

Oh! Congratulations :)

I hope you have a wonderful time. Those are very romantic vows you've put together.

*puts on nice frock*

love from
starla
xxx
(fab blog btw - don't think I've commented before, but I've been reading it for ages and ages.)

chubbian said...

Congratulations! I can see you now: floating in a gondola under the Bridge of Sighs with a drop-dead gorgeous gondolier singing 'O sole mio'. I hope the next 50 years will be as happy as the last 14.

paddynmoon said...

Congratulations! That's such wonderful news. Have a wonderful day and enjoy Venice.

Thevina said...

What beautiful vows, Callum. And I know that you will mean every word. If only I weren't on another continent, and on the far western side of it to boot! I would celebrate with you two and your family and friends in a heartbeat. As it is, I do have a card to send you which hopefully will arrive on time... if not, post-Venice it is. Have a marvelous, joyous time!
XOXOXOX

clixchix said...

Thoughtful vows eloquently expressed. Well done. Have a wonderful celebration day and bon voyage for Venice. See you at the Whitechapel Gallery at the end of the month.

J said...

Best wishes to you both, today and always!

 
Who links to my website?