Monday, September 28, 2009

Drop Backed Boxes






Also from the London Art Book Fair, on the stall of the Society of Bookbinders I picked up a very handly little pamphlet on how to make drop-back boxes to hold books or papers. I was so fired up by it that by 2a.m. on Saturday morning, I'd manged to create this box to contain my triple signed copy of the Maggs Brothers' Catalogue, Baron Corvo from the Collection of Donald Weeks. It's almost there: there's an extra millimetre in the hinges which means it doesn't quite close as well as I'd like but I'm pretty happy about it as a first try.

The Society's website is well worth a visit, most especially the Gallery section which illustrates some of the most beautiful modern bindings I've seen for a long time.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?