Monday, March 02, 2009

Tintype: A Penny Farthing


Am too exhausted tonight to think about blogging much, The Attack on St Winefride's Well has gone winging its way around the world, stock has been bought, auctions have been attended, boyfriends have been tended to, books have been wrapped and packed and taken to post... it's been a busy weekend. So just thought I would share with you this little gem I bought over the weekend. A 1/4 plate tintype photo (i.e. 3.25" x 4.25") of a man on a Penny-Farthing bicycle. A fantastic thing in rip-roaring condition. The fact that there is some hand-tinting on his hat and trousers just makes it all the more desirable. I've just listed it on Ebay for a come-and-get-me starting price of £29.99 but such things normally sell for much more than that!

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?