Friday, January 23, 2009

Poems and Stations and Clive Hicks-Jenkins Artwork


I've written here before about my enjoyment and engagement with the art of Clive Hicks-Jenkins. A number of creative sparks have flown between us from time to time in the last couple of years, although we have never actually met!

I've written before about the poem I wrote in response to his hagiographical paintings of Herve and his Dog but Clive is in the final stages of having his website revamped and its very cool that I have my very own page there. Clive continues to post the Herve poem but also now there are some Stations of the Cross I once wrote for liturgical use which Clive has married up to his series of huge works on the theme of the Mari Lywd legend and custom (use he tabs on the page to move between them). Clive has used just three of the stations: back in 2007 I posted all fourteen, along with the someone else's artwork (!) in blog format. You have to click on 'older posts' at the bottom of the first page if you want to read all of them.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?