Monday, December 01, 2008

La Serenissima








I have been away for a few days in the arms of My Lady Venezia. You may expect to see numerous Venice related posts here in the next few days. It's an easy choice of where to start however, as these fantastic late 18th-early 19th century bindings in patterned papers were found in the Correr Museum in St Mark's Square and take us seamlessly from the last post here a few days ago about patterned papers into the glories of Venice. There were numerous examples of paste papers, block printed papers and even a dutch gilt paper which sadly didn't photograph even as badly as some of the above.

[I should add that although I was naughty enough to take the photos, the spot glare in some of them is simply a museum light reflection - I wouldn't be so naughty as to use a flash!]

PS. Thank you to those who have commented and emailed recently I will respond in just a little while.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?