Sunday, November 23, 2008

This Weekend












Well, the plan had been that this weekend I would get together the edition of A Boy's Absence that I mentioned and showed the start of a couple of days ago. But, just when I was about to give up hope, the problem I've been having with Raven 7 was resolved and the covers for the head of the edition which is bound in boards were finally delivered, some 12 weeks or more after they were needed! I have the gilt stamping on the covers done by a bookbinder and, to cut a long story short, they no longer had access to the right sized fount for the letting on the spine and had to order some new.

The upshot is that this weekend is now pretty solidly about putting books in their covers and I hope, tomorrow, to be able to make the anouncement that Raven 7, The Constant Family is published and to add A Boy's Absence as a tail on that anouncement. The photos above are from various stages in the process but all that remains to do now, after 10 hours solid work, are a few copies of A Boy's Absence and to celophane wrap enough copies of the ordinary state of The Constant Family. Then there's the webwork to do, adding them to my website, and the email circular to sort out - tomorrow...

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?