Thursday, November 20, 2008

Envelope Paper











Here's a curiosity. I have just bought a pile of papers relating to Otto Jaros, a young German pilot whose plane was shot down over Essex in 1940 and who spent the rest of the war as a POW and as I don't read German, it's going to take a while to work out exactly what I have. So, for the time being I shall just redirect you to the Thameside Aviation Museum's Page about his plane and confine my comments to the more obvious finds within the papers.



These small envelopes, all dating from the late 1930s are lined with lovely patterned tissue paper, a little like the way that bank envelopes these days have patterns printed on the inside to prevent anyone from being able to see the contents through the paper. I'm sure I prefer these pretty things though.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?