Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just a bit of fun...


Having been entranced in my late teens by the film Dead Poets' Society, and of course, entrancedby Robert Sean Leonard in said film, I've long been also fascinated by the implications of that scene where Robin Williams takes the boys to look at the old school photos in the hallway and gets them to imagine what they would look like if in colour, pointing out how very like us they actually are. History is in black and white but I love to have a go at colouring it up from time to time... The original sepia photo was nicked from someone's Ebay listing. Not entirely sucessful but it was a half-hour bit of fun this evening.

1 comment:

Thevina said...

Lovely work! I loved DPS as well; it's when I first fell for Robert Sean Leonard, who remains the only actor or otherwise famous person to whom I've written a fan letter. (On Crane's paper, no less) And no, I didn't receive a response.

I'm posting here because I have the sense you're more active here than anywhere else and just wanted to poke you to check your email. I'm coming to England in October and would love to stay with you for a day or two. Will you be around? Look at your email in your spare time, if you can. ;)

XOX

 
Who links to my website?