Sunday, December 30, 2007

Willard Price: The Photographer



I mentioned, I'm sure, that there might be more from The National Geographic as I go through them... well, when I was first posting about Willard Price, months ago now, I included a section on Price as a photographer: it seemed to me from the photos illustrating his non-fiction travel books, that he was potentially a better-than-average amateur cameraman. In a National Geographic article from November 1944, 'Mindanao, on the Road to Tokyo' by Frederick Simpich, I came across some of Price's photos being used as illustrations. I think they bear out my original hunch that he had a real eye when it came to his photography.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the latest flurry of postings. (You'd been too quiet...) Happy New Year to you and the boyfriend.

Jim D.

 
Who links to my website?