Saturday, May 12, 2007

Willard Price: Again


This is one of those posts which is going to confirm in your minds the idea that I really do have an odd brain with nowhere near enough to occupy it. Following on from my recent long post about Willard Price's bibliography I was really chuffed to receive a number of emails about it and this, in turn, prompted the idea that I should try a formal bibliographical description of one of his books. I have never sucessfully completed a full bibliographic description of any book before. There's something immensely satisfying about the process of describing things. Naming, I suppose, has always had a quasi-mystical quality and there was certainly something very calming to the brain in working on this.

I used the format I have learnt from The Soho Bibliographies, I hope sucessfully. I am, as always, worried about my ability to maintain a high enough standard of 'attention to detail' and accuracy in this kind of work but I'm quite pleased with the result.

Because of the difficulty I have had formatting some of the characters used into HTML or blog-language, I've made a tiny *.pdf file so those of you who are really really interested can have a look... I'm sure that will be thousands.... It's here.

1 comment:

Té la mà Maria said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Who links to my website?