Saturday, March 10, 2007

Penguin Patterns

This post can't help but reveal the answer to one of the mystery book patterns below but, for the rest of them, I will add the answers to the 'comments' section of the previous post so you can still try them out for a while.

I was turned on recently to the fantastic designs on the Penguin Poets series of the 50s and 60s by a wonderful set of posts at the equally wonderful typographical blog,
Ace Jet 170. There's much more detailed and sensible stuff about the series there and the whole blog is worth saving to favourites.

These are just a few of the series that I have found so far.

1 comment:

John C said...

Damn, I read the Acejet stuff about Penguin as well. So much for my nous as a book designer... I keep intending on getting the Phil Barnes book about the history of Penguin that appeared a while ago.

 
Who links to my website?