Thursday, February 01, 2007

Today's Cool Find


In a dusty draw full of paintings, prints and drawings, in a secret location in Hampshire, I today came across a selection of fantastic pencil drawings. There is no date on any of them but I would hazard a guess from the style that they are perhaps from the 1860s/70s. A number of them look to be meticulous copies of engravings. This one in particular caught my eye. I don't know if these two are supposed to be The Virgin and Child or some other mother and son combo. I'm sure it's a copy of a more famous artist's work so perhaps someone will recognise it. This drawing is so fine, and I have quite an experienced eye for this kind of thing, it took a magnifying glass to ensure that it was in fact an original drawing and not a print.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?