Thursday, December 14, 2006

Someone Else's Publication


Userlands: New Fiction Writers from the Blogging Underground
Edited by Dennis Cooper

This was an unexpected delight. It seems like years ago (in reality only a few months) that Dennis Cooper invited regular contributors to his blog to submit a piece of fiction for an anthology to be published by Akashic Books - one of the few US publishers prepared to experiment and take risks with unconventional fiction). It was, of course, fantastic to be included and even more exciting when my two contributor's copies landed on my desk this morning. I'm really most excited by the thought of being able to read the other people's contributions - people I have seen around DC's blog for an age, some of whom I've got to know a little, some of whom I've only seen posting there. I think the actually release date is sometime early next year - which is why it was such a suprise today to get my copies.

Userlands Web Page

Introduction to Userlands

Akashic books

Dennis Cooper's Blog

2 comments:

porcelain skull said...

hey sugarock,

your four news books are so beautifull,

i mean, really!

hope your well and warm,

alex,x

Anonymous said...

hey, i'm not in userlands but i can't wait to read it!

 
Who links to my website?