Wednesday, December 13, 2006

FOUR New Publications

It has sometimes felt a little like wading upstream through a river of treacle whilst balancing a bee's nest on my head but I have finally managed to finished a group of projects which had all been nearing completion but needed one final push to get them to this stage. The four new books are shown below with their respective publicity 'blurbs'. Obviously, the most ambitious and most original of my publications remains the Raven Series of monographs about Frederick Rolfe Baron Corvo. This is the second in the series and I think marks another triumph of detailed and inspired research by Robert Scoble.

Of the other three I think each has something to recommend it. St Petersburg Boys has a very sophisticated and simple look to it which I am rather proud of. The Poetry of the Rose is the first time I have worked with an illustrator and the first time that I have printed directly from a block onto the cover of a book. Three Boys' Authors is a very intriguing document I think, which gives a real insight into three rather different personalities and, I believe, a rare thing to have an personality 'interview' in a form approaching what we know as interviews today, at this date.

There are, of course, many other projects on the go at various stages. My hope is, in the near future that I will be able to make a final push on two projects which have become WAY overdue. One is a book of poems by Alex of
Porcelain Skull fame. The other is a couple of poems by Roden Noel - of whom more another time - however, I was inspired by a recent meeting with a grand-magus of printers to think a lot more carefully about the layout of pages and the selection of materials and I hope to be able to produce both of these two as 'flagship' publications, as it were, which reflect in some way just a very little of what I have learned from him.

Of course, in the unlikely event that readers of this blog should want to purchase any of these then my
website is always open for business or you can email me directly using the link to the right of this page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Who links to my website?