Monday, October 16, 2006

Booklet News


It's been a long time since I have mentioned on this blog any of the new booklets and books that I've been working on. This one is a work in progress but the front cover - and I'm hoping possibly even the illustrations inside are going to be the first direct block-printing onto any of my projects. I aksed a friend who suffers badly with arthritis to create the block for the cover and as she doesn't have the power in her hands to carve wood or lino she cuts the blocks out of foam. The block won't last as long as a more traditional material but then, it doesn't have to do more than 50 prints for one of my booklets and it seemed a perfect accomodation to her particular abilities...

The picture is of the mock-up and there's a fair way to go yet before its ready for sale.

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?