Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year comes in shades of grey

One of the things about living in a city by the sea, and I guess anywhere by the sea, is that, no matter how crappy a place it might be, you always feel as if that expanse, that horizon, those possibilities that stretch out from one edge of the city are a part of where you live. Walking to work this morning along the seafront, the sky has clamped down and is a uniform white-grey, the drizzle is soft but penetrating and suddenly Portsmouth is a place with only itself because the sea has been cut off in the damp haze. It's why weather like this is more affecting when you live by the sea, suddenly you are reminded that there is only the city...

PS. PorcelainSkull, glad you liked the R pictures and yes they are my photographs and my digital work on top. For those who might not have read further back in this blog, R is my partner and on New Year's Day we celebrated 10 years...

No comments:

 
Who links to my website?