Saturday, January 14, 2006

Insomnia and New Plans

People who just occasionally find it difficult to get to sleep can have no conception of what real insomnia is like. For as long as I can remember I have had sleep problems and this has only been exacerbated recently by some traumatic events a couple of years ago. These now cause real sleep problems in two periods of the year as their anniversary's come and go. January to April is one of those periods. Four hours sleep this morning, three the night before - sleep deprivation is serious business - ask the residents of Guantanamo Bay! It's not just the physical tiredness which causes problems but the mood swings that it engenders, and the sense of real frustration bordering on anger and rage at not being able to sleep. I look at R, sleeping like a log (what a great if overused simile!) while I'm still wide awake next to him and wonder what that must be like, to be able to just drop off like that.


Rant over...


New plans. In the next few days I'm setting up a companion blog. An attempt at a new kind of anthology, which I suppose, in a way is what all blogging is about. My intention is to put down all those snippets of poetry and prose that come my way in the course of dealing in and collecting books. Pretty much looking to put down things you're unlikely to find anywhere else on the internet without an industrial strength search engine - and of course, I expect the most of it will be queer in some way or another... Watch this space...

1 comment:

Can't sit still.... said...

I hear you on the insomnia, especially the rage...it sucks so bad.

 
Who links to my website?